The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is hiring a Task Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore
We are seeking a technical professional manager to manage projects that implement new web application features. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of java based application architectures in a fast paced development environment. Main responsibility will be managing development of Java web applications with auxiliary support of batch based java applications. The web based application architectures include web applications, web services, micro services, and database operations. The candidate will also be responsible for operations and maintenance of applications and services in a Portal environment based on the Java Spring Framework, in addition, applications are also hosted in the ServiceNow cloud. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction. Applicant must provide management direction to system and software engineers in completing tasks. Candidate should be familiar with Software Engineering methodologies such as Software Development Life Cycle and Agile development.
- Define the requirements of projects, build project teams, lays out a blue print for projects including the project scope and parameters, and clearly communicates the goals of the project to the team.
- Lead the team towards success. Provide direction and make them understand what is expected of them.
- Clearly explain the roles of each member of the team.
- Build a team comprising of individuals with different skills so that each member contributes effectively to the best of their abilities.
- The Task Manager is the link between the Federal product owner, the development team and the Program Manager.
- Responsibilities include coordinating and transferring all the relevant information from the Federal product owner to the team and reporting to the Program Manager.
- The Task Manager will work closely with analysts, software designers and other staff members and communicate the goals of the project.
- The Task Manager will guide the team at every step and ensure that the team has cohesion.
- Provide advice to team members whenever they need it and points them in the right direction.
- Liaise with business users to elicit requirements and translate them to system requirements and work with development team to define technical solutions.
- Directly liaise with federal customers and advise on the business functions that are within the sphere of responsibility and scope.
- Lead team meetings and report status and follow-up of action items that are assigned to the group.
- Conduct system design activities and reviews of detailed application module specifications, classes, objects, methods, and other software components.
- Ensure that architectural solutions met technical and functional requirements.
- Review existing system architecture and recommending improvements and participate in engineering reviews to determine any ambiguities.
- Scrutinize change requests to determine the magnitude of work done and estimate the level of effort.
- Responsible for design, and the implementation plan of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Responsible for balanced and focused development of systems and its maintenance.
- Hold others accountable for deliverables that are due to them in order for them to meet their work deadlines and complete their assignments.
- Make project schedules with assigned tasks according to agree upon time frames.
- A key responsibility is to execute the approved plan and ensure that it is monitored and make course correction as needed.
BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Knowledge or experience with Software Engineering (IEEE) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) standards. Knowledge or experience with Full Development Life-Cycle (FDLC) methodologies. Familiar with SQL tools. Knowledge of object oriented programming analysis methods. Experience with or knowledge of data modeling and modeling tools. Experience with building customer relationships to prioritize and analyze system issues. Working knowledge with federal customer is a plus.
All candidates supporting the HHS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.