The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic employee to fill the position of Production Assistant, to assist in the production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. .
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing state of the art signal processing technologies and hardware/software systems for C4ISR including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions and applied to the full range of maritime missions. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and technologists located in Long Beach MS. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced systems for the Department of Defense.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM): part categories, drawing types, change orders and document control processes.
- Review and process part/product changes efficiently, accurately and consistently.
- Drive process improvement initiatives in an effort to streamline and standardize proper CM status accounting and procedural implementation.
- Analyze change impact on in-process and on-hand material.
- Review and analyze program data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Facilitate Change Control Boards; review change proposals in a group or virtual setting, and manage open items to closure.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Communicate regularly cross functionally to assure requirements, milestones, and deadlines are met.
- Experience handling highly regulated, classified or sensitive data.
- Prepare for and support functional and physical configuration audits.
- General data-entry.
- Requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in Configuration Data Management or equivalent discipline.
- BS degree and/or CM certification from an ASQ accredited source. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Familiarity with CAD applications and software library tools (Solidworks and Git).
- Intermediate to advanced Word and MS Excel knowledge.
- Versed in the fundamental principles of EIA-649 and AS 9100.
- Proficient in PLM, ePDM, CostPoint, ERP, Quickbase and/or equivalent CM tools or platforms.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, organization, problem-solving skills and adaptability.
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently
- Management experience
- Experience with manufacturing operations for Department of Defense customers
- Be able to obtain an active SECRET Security clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.