Senior Manager, Tech Adoption & Productivity, R&D Research
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
As a Tech Productivity Lead for R&D Research, this role will be part of a team of resident SharePoint experts and contributors responsible for integrating digital collaboration capabilities into the solutions we deliver to our internal customers. The Tech Productivity Lead for R&D Research is the primary client interface, working with R&D Research divisional leadership, and providing demand management, as well as overall collaboration project management. This role supports the work of scientists across several Research divisions and Thematic Research Centers, focusing on prioritizing and planning the rollout of collaboration technologies while balancing customer service skills with technical expertise. Core technologies supported include Microsoft SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams. This role will be a critical contributor to the success of the IT Core Services organization and offers the opportunity to work across IT and have a direct impact on the productivity of the BMS R&D workforce.
- The Tech Productivity Lead for R&D Research role is responsible for representing the collaboration business needs of R&D Research and will work closely with the Tech Productivity for R&D Research co-lead on Demand Management. Implement the SharePoint and Teams Workspace service models:
- Effectively designing, developing, and implementing Collaboration Solutions.
- Prioritizing and representing R&D collaboration needs to Tech Productivity Management.
- Acting as project manager across all aspects of assigned Collaboration Projects; including managing assignments for aligned SharePoint Collaboration Specialist(s) and consultants.
- Aligning R&D-focused collaboration communications.
- Ensuring consistency of R&D-focused collaboration “better practices”.
Understand the strategic priorities of R&D Research:
- Keeping divisional leadership informed and coordinating communications within their division on collaboration services.
- Prioritizing and planning the rollout of collaboration technologies within their division.
- Informing the development and enhancement of cross-R&D collaboration sites.
- Partner with fellow Tech Productivity Leads to ensure that collaboration efforts throughout the enterprise align with business priorities of R&D Research.
- Working with the Collaboration Specialists and consultants, must manage and ensure tasks/deliverables associated with a SharePoint Site and/or project are completed on schedule.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare, or financial industry.
- 5+ years experience in designing and configuring SharePoint Sites, MS Office 365, and other collaboration technology tools, such as MS Teams and Yammer.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot user challenges with SharePoint Sites (Questions, Issues, Quick Fixes, etc.)
- Experience in providing direct internal customer services.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders for requirements gathering.
- Experience supporting external partnerships.
- Experience collaborating with senior leaders to execute on strategic priorities.
- General understanding of scientific R&D processes and terminologies.
- Knowledge of the drug development lifecycle.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Prior experience with PowerApps, Power Automate, MS Teams, AvePoint, Metrics/Dashboards.
- Prior experience with Training, Change Management, UX design, and stakeholder management.
- Prior experience with corporate intranets or portals.
- Prior experience interacting with external partners, including CROs and BioPharma vendors
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.