Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering for the Access Engineering team. The position is a critical leadership role within Access Engineering, including,Radio Access Network (RAN) Engineering, Telecom, and Business. The Manager will be responsible for delivering a constantly improving end-to-end workflow, cycle time and process improvements. In this new role, the leader will be responsible for managing a team that transcends traditional organizational and product boundaries to build fluid, requirements-based user-driven experiences with our applications.
Your work will focus on shaping end to end processes from inception of a new wireless solution, through activation including full accountability for product vision & strategy, roadmap and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance and support that delivers outstanding business results / user experience.
Partnership is essential in this role, as we focus on shaping a strategy that requires collaboration within the Planning, Engineering, and Network Assurance domains for wireless and wireline, in-franchise and out of franchise.
The application landscape you will directly influence and define the experience for includes FUZE, and CoFEE. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Owning the agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes for RAN Engineering tools.
- Executing the product roadmap, end to end data strategy / vision, including governance and data continuous improvement.
- Partnering with stakeholders to inform the product vision and overall architectural strategy.
- Partnering with stakeholders and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business, production support and northstar vision.
- Leading the product functional design process.
- Translating business processes into the design of RAN Engineering tools, how to drive accountability with upstream data owners to ensure appropriate coordination occurs to enable accurate mapping, complete / accurate data for downstream consumption.
- Coordinating support for systems initiatives driven by other groups if there are impacts to downstream systems.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with business partners, technology teams, and strategic vendors; including the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Partnering with cross-functional technology teams to determine pain points for users of our services.
- Attracting, recruiting, managing, developing, and retaining talented team members, including hiring and growing employees as well as effective use of contractors with vendor relationships.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with global teams and overcoming time zone challenges.
- Experience in Engineering Transformation including DevOps, Microservices, Cloud technologies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in taking ideas from theory into execution in partnership with others.
- Experience in setting rigorous technical and architectural standards.
- Experience in technical knowledge of agile tools and products.
- Experience in motivating employees with highly diverse skill sets and work experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads, set milestones, and meet project deadlines
- Experience in working within the agile/Kanban framework
- Good leadership skills, preferably within a technology organization.
- Knowledge of negotiating with vendors, and other partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in prioritizing workloads, setting milestones, and meeting project deadlines.
- Experience in tracking records of defining and delivering cross functional solutions that are innovative.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.