Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
The IT Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, direct and execute IT-related activities aligned with IT department and business function priorities. This position will provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department within the area of direct responsibility. The IT Manager will work closely with IT Leadership and Functional Management in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also execute in accordance to IT policies, procedures, and best practices. This position will contribute to the development of the strategy in the area of responsibility. The IT Manager is responsible for making decisions when senior executive is not available in time of crisis.
What Will You Do?
Plan, direct and assure the timely completion of the work at the required level of quality to meet the long and short-term needs of the organization. Create and communicate a clear definition and understanding of the work requirements and goals as well as any constraints in terms of time, policy, cost or quality. Analyze problems, formulate solutions and alternatives, decide on the solution and identify the work task that must be completed to achieve the expected results. Assign the tasks to group members, arrange for assistance required from other IT/business groups and formulate a project plan to achieve the goals. Monitor, coordinate, assist and perform tasks as required to assure the necessary level of quality, cost, security and performance of the work. Follow, promote and improve departmental and company procedures, methods and process.
- Maintain and operate applications and/or infrastructure devices. Oversee the testing of computer production operational routines, procedures, methods, processes and documentation. Communicate and train others in operational routine procedures, methods and processes. Ensure quality of services by establishing and enforcing organizational standards. Work with systems’ users and the IT organization
- This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises to resolve issues and restore the system to proper working order in an efficient and timely manner that minimizes the adverse effects of the failure as business demands.
- Manage the business use of applications throughout the platform lifecycle, providing direction and coordination for enhancements.
- Protect the Company’s IT resources through strict adherence to company security processes and policies; train, communicate and enforce company security processes and policies; improve and develop Company security processes and policies; lead company disaster recovery team.
- Proactively improve business processes and growth through technology enablement. Leverage other industry standards, boards, councils and/or teams for establishing common practices/processes and institution of these enterprise-wide. Work with other IT teams to define and agree on integration needs between processes.
- Assist business stakeholders in developing merit and business case documents that match the business goals and follow our financial approval process. Take complex business challenges and break them into iterative value delivery scenarios in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Accountable for the delivery of IT projects and programs. Performance metrics include actual to budget for time and money as well as delivering a quality product or service to achieve targeted business benefits. Specific responsibilities include: requirements gathering, driving the alignment of strategic stakeholder objectives with IT solutions.
- Execute communication strategy and standardized reporting processes and tools. Regularly update the organization, steering committees, senior business and IT management, and project managers on process optimization efforts, project statuses and decisions.
- Understand geographic and functional business plans to manage IT plans and projects, through implementation, enabling the business plans within a global function.
- Research and report on the practical application of new technologies appropriate to the area of responsibility. Evaluate vendor proposals and make recommendations for computer equipment and software. Coordinate the acquisition of hardware and/or software with the Director or VP of Information Technology.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc. 12. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering Required Experience:
- 7 years’ experience in Information Systems in area of managed specialty (infrastructure, applications, operations, development)
- Working knowledge of ITIL Framework
- Advanced Computer Infrastructure Technologies
- Advanced application of business process knowledge: Functional Application expertise
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex programs/projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop, coach, mentor and manage performance of others
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advance Business and Technical Problem Solving
- Effective at communicating and presenting ideas to management, customers and end users
- Demonstrates both technical and supervisory leadership
- Capable of developing a short and long range plans for areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Displays empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Occasional Domestic Travel
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity unless an agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ashley Furniture via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ashley Furniture. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ashley Furniture as a result of the referral or through other means.