Devops Engineer ( R-00078089 )
Leidos is looking for a DevOps Engineer with technical hands-on knowledge for the management and sustainment of global infrastructure used to monitor and protect the Leidos corporate network. The analyst will be a part of the Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT) supporting custom developed tools and operationalizing new equipment and deployment of systems to further extend and maintain our visibility. The DevOps Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the enterprise information technology systems. Duties include monitoring, maintaining, provisioning, and resolving infrastructure issues within both cloud and physical environments, and developing automations and new techniques for addressing technical issues within the team.
The DevOps Engineer will apply analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of infrastructure systems investments. This role will be a part of a team of skilled and dedicated individuals that support our tool sets and the associated development and QA environments.
This role allows telework with the expectation that when onsite work is needed you should be able to get to Gaithersburg, MD.
- Evaluate, monitor, and troubleshoot existing server infrastructure and datacenter hardware.
- Administer Microsoft Server & Linux OS & associated services stack.
- Evaluate and recommend infrastructure improvements.
- Research, develop, and implement solutions to help monitor systems, improve performance, optimize, and reduce potential outages with emphasis on being proactive.
- Act as liaison with other cross-functional groups and management personnel to ensure accuracy and timeliness of production, and non-production activities.
- Responsible for infrastructure hardware, cloud assets, software, maintenance, and procurement.
- Actively participate with development, maintenance, and validation of the disaster recovery plan.
- Actively contribute to security evaluations and stay current on threat landscape.
- Monitor system resources & services to include backups, disk consumption, memory, & CPU capacity.
- Ensure issue resolutions are communicated, and expectations met in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience in Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Availability to work on-call schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft OS & Linux based environments & associated services.
- High-level understanding of AWS cloud computing technology.
- High-level understanding of enterprise storage and networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of SQL Server administration, maintenance & management.
- Understanding of ElasticSearch maintenance and management.
- Scripting & automation experience (PowerShell & Bash).
- Attention to detail, ability to both follow and/or provide written or verbal instructions without error.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Expertise with Linux variants (RedHat and Ubuntu) and custom developed packages and modules
- Expertise with Automation tools Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Exposure to Cloud environments like AWS and Azure
- Understanding of Network stack/routing and interconnectivity
- Experience with large data stores such as SANS, DAS, and cloud storage
- CI/CD a plus
- Docker a plus
- Python experience a plus