Senior DevOps Engineer - Telecommute (107407925)
Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our mission at Rally® is to empower individuals to take control of their health through personalized, data-driven health care information and recommendations that lead to better outcomes. We leverage our digital platform and leading-edge technology to make health care data accessible wherever and whenever people need it, all while ensuring safety and reliability. Here, you’ll help people find the right doctors, give them a clear breakdown of costs, incentivize them to stay focused on their overall health with daily goals, and help them earn rewards such as discounts on a wide range of goods as well as bonuses for reaching fitness objectives. As part of our Rally® team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive change with an innovative healthcare technology company that is dedicated to creating a culture of healthy living. Help us bring real change to healthcare and you’ll experience what it’s like to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join us as a Senior or Principal DevOps engineer on a team that supports our production infrastructure. While the term DevOps means a lot of things to different people, we think about it more along the lines of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). Within this role, you will design new solutions for our Kubernetes-based platform using a modern set of technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible), and participate in an on-call rotation that emphasizes ample time away from notifications. You will report to a DevOps Engineering Manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Administer AWS resources using modern Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Create and own platform level services on top of Kubernetes (FluentD, Datadog, Go)
- Develop automation scripts by submitting PRs and participating in code reviews (Github)
- Build monitors and alerts that keep uptime high and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, Cloudwatch)
Participate in a shared on-call rotation that rewards proactivity and de-emphasizes "heroing" (PagerDuty).We handle healthcare data, so you'll observe HIPAA and related laws
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with a modern programming language (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- 1+ years of experience with a cloud provider such as AWS
- 1+ years of experience with containerization technology (Docker, Nomad, containerd, cri-o, etc)
- 1+ years of experience working with Kubernetes
- 1+ years of experience building infrastructure thru code with tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation, AWS CDK, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with a modern programming language (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- 4+ years of experience with containerized workloads (Docker or otherwise)
- 4+ years of experience with a cloud-native platform (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting Linux hosts through command line (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux2, shell)
- 2+ years of experience operating container hosting platforms (Kubernetes, AWS EKS, GKE or AKS)
- 2+ years of experience leading infrastructure projects and working with application teams (DevOps / SRE)
- Experience operating and administering a service mesh such as Istio or LinkerD
- Experience operating and administering Hashicorp Vault
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior DevOps Engineer, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, Minnesota, MN, Illinois, IL, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote