DevOps Engineer (107668846)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
Due to growth our team is adding engineers to help the team enable a follow-the-sun support model leveraging resources in India, Ireland, and the US, to provide and harden our platform support offering. However, once this support is established, we anticipate the opportunity for a significant portion of your time to be available for development tasks including UI/UX, Network optimization, and developing new platform features and computations.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin or Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Own, adjust and harden platform support processes in anticipation of a 15-minute response time SLA
- Respond to tickets and resolve issues within SLA; provide platform level troubleshooting and recovery
- Take proactive steps to prevent and minimize outages and downtime; manage upgrades and patches
- Monitor platform health and provide periodic status reports
- Drive hardening of the platform including CI/CD and release management processes.
- Deliver and support software solutions for various enterprise customers using the AI-enabled Image Processing Platform
- Provide hands-on solutions development as part of an agile engineering team responsible for building and supporting AI enabled Intelligent Automation opportunities which may include platform upgrades involving UI/UX improvements, Network optimization improvements, and development of platform components.
- Lead by example in quickly delivering high-value support solutions through DevOps best practices
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
- Experience with modern cloud-enabled software stacks and techniques including containers, networking, and orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Linux, server maintenance and modern databases
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including creating documentation
- Must have a demonstrated attention to detail and be organized
- Collaborative and not afraid to ask questions
- Professional experience building and modifying UI/UX interfaces for web-based application or platforms
- Professional experience contributing to develop distributed computing solutions and performance tuning
- Professional experience developing lower-level computing components, ideally in C
- Experience or knowledge of parallelized processing architectures
- Experience or knowledge of autoscaling techniques
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems, healthcare data transactions and data types are beneficial
- Knowledge of Optum businesses, critical enterprise platforms, and their related technology needs is beneficial
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protect