DevOps Engineer - Telecommute (109026112)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Develop Infrastructure as a code on public clouds like Openshift/AWS/AZURE
- Work with the enterprise information security team to automate portions of the security testing like static analysis
- Automating (CB/CI/CD) Continuous Build / Continuous Integration / Continuous deployment
- Automating Continuous Build (CB) of any necessary software after code is checked into version control
- Automating Continuous Integration (CI) of code into our configuration management system and running system integration tests and unit tests
- Automating Continuous Deployment (CD) of code to our stage environment which is a close replica of our production environment
- Work towards successful completion of test automation with passing results in current sprint
- Work with business users in defining and writing User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans
- Working closely with Developers and Architects in solving software defects
- Building and maintaining tools and solutions associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT & Bitbucket
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed to optimize performance
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts so that others may understand
- Work with open-source technologies as needed
- Offer good technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field
- 2+ years of experience working with setup and management of either source controls - GitHub or bitbucket
- 2+ years of experience working with setup and management of either continuous integration - Jenkins, Bamboo or Teamcity
- 2+ years of experience working with setup and management of either configuration management - puppet, chef or ansible
- 2+ years of experience working with setup and management of either deployment automation tools - Jenkins, VSTS or Octopus deploy
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Solid experience with either databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration
- Real-time automated metrics and reporting experience
- Monitoring and alerting experience with Elk, Dynatrace, Splunk
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree
- Experience on Docker or vagrant and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Good to have experience on cloud platform Azure, AWS or GCP
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills and good attention to detail
- Solid communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.