Principal Software/Systems DevOps Engineer ( R-00088189 )
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be part of a dynamic team that provides software, systems, and network engineering services to support the Integrated Discovery Operations (IDO). The focus will be to develop, maintain, and support operations and maintenance activities of an enclave comprised of various hardware and software components to include virtual machines. This effort will include software integration activities supporting the software developers, phased system upgrades, compliance, and improvements aimed to ensure continued execution of the IDO mission. Ability to lead and task other infrastructure support staff on operations and maintenance activities and track items to completion.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- At least 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
- Strong Linux System Administration experience
- Experience with software/system integration
- Experience with scripting software development, Python
- Experience with virtual machines (libvirt, proxmox, virtualbox)
- Experience with developing system configuration playbooks for tools like Ansible
- Network analysis, design and implementation
- Network performance tuning
- Ability to work with customer leads on support activities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions in a dynamic environment on a variety of tasking
- Planning and using resources effectively; orchestrating multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish work
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.