Junior DevOps Software Engineer
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Junior DevOps Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. The selected candidate will be a key member of the Special Projects Innovations team, working hands-on as a member of a software engineering team, and will provide technical expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), SecDevOps and Software Configuration Management in support of the automated and rapid delivery of innovative solutions to a cloud-based environment.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Apply DevOps expertise to ensure congruence of the various infrastructure, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under configuration control.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team, communicating and collaborating frequently with teammates to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in GitHub, Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Previous SCM experience, including release planning, managing software baselines, merging branches, and producing software builds
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process.
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.