DevOps Engineer- Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be performing duties related to application development and operational support. The DevOps Engineer is essential for ensuring that the environments’ health and facilitation of high priority incidents improve the state of service availability and continuity. Working alongside the Emisar Analytics Gateway team you’ll have the opportunity to focus on release management and offer support for data, feature and front-end releases. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design code development and testing
- Partner with engineering/ product management groups and represent operations, influence capability prioritization process with reliability challenges and operational investments
- Working in a DevOps frame of work and responsibility
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every sprint
- Collaborate with System Analysts and Product Owners to align business requirements to the functionality of the application
- Troubleshoot production support issues post deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Monitor and assess end to end performance on services by understanding all infrastructure components within the service chain
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the DevOps Engineer
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Good experience working with 24x7 production support and ITSM practices
- Hands on experience on distributed server operations (build, break/ fix, manage, patching, production support)
- Strong knowledge of application development
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, automation scripts and overall automation to reduce manual efforts
- Demonstrable experience with Opensource technology such as Git/GitHub, OpenShift, Apache JMEter or Python
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with some scripting tools, PowerShell, Python, Bash etc
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.