Advanced Analytics Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote - PST
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Advanced Analytics Senior DevOps Engineer works with the data warehouse, DevOps, and business intelligence teams to support a dynamic data warehouse development and reporting environment. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with advanced knowledge of supporting a SQL Server/Microsoft Stack data warehousing and reporting environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- End-to-end maintenance of the Business Intelligence DevOps pipeline from Visual Studio development, testing, production deployment and post-production maintenance
- Coordinate with Database Administrator to setup the required infrastructure for development, testing, and deployment
- Create automated orchestration and deployment solutions using Visual Studio development environment with on-prem TFS and DevOps server using Active Batch, Kubernetes, or other orchestration system
- Own and deploy to non-production and production environments
- Work with DevOps team to define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes
- Periodically report to management on the data warehouse processing health and continuous improvement progress
- Monitor, configure and improve the CI/CD pipeline and building test automation framework
- Work with DevOps teammates to configure and support on-prem Microsoft Power BI Reporting Server instance
- Work with DevOps teammates to identify process inefficiencies and suggest solutions for improvements
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible
- Coach and mentor teammates in development standards and operational best practices via code review
- Work with other DevOps teammates and development leads to build and maintain coding standards
- Partner with business and enterprise architecture team to understand requirements and design/develop end to end Business Intelligence and data warehousing solutions
- Practice agile solution delivery & influence teams towards engineering best practices such as DevOps/CICD/Everything as a code
- Follow engineering best practices and coding principles for successful delivery of program/project
- Part of a 24/7 weekly rotation of on-call production support
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Build and Deploy technologies such as Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps or GitHub
- 6+ years of supporting data warehousing or business intelligence development
- 6+ years of supporting a development environment with on/off-shore developers in a data warehousing business intelligence environment
- Experience with clinical operations, EMR, pharmacy, or healthcare data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.