DevOps Engineer - OptumServe - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Join Optum Serve as a DevOps Engineer. Optum Serve helps federal agencies and communities across the nation tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care. We help our clients and the communities they serve prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and long-term public health challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Setup, install, configure and maintain build infrastructure
- Create and maintain build and deployment scripts
- Maintain source control branches and perform integrations with merge conflicts
- Perform periodic builds and deployments to production environment
- Perform manual code merges and deploy partial releases and patches
- Work with other IT teams to review pre-release checklists and coordinate activities to be performed prior to, during and post releases by others
- Work with other IT teams to perform troubleshooting and resolution of build and deployment issues in sprint and during releases related to deployment targets, databases, certificates, permissions, firewall changes, IIS configurations and any other system and network dependencies
- Work with Development teams and participate in troubleshooting high priority application related issues after releases
- Configure and maintain application settings and credentials
- Perform administration of Team Foundation Server including regular maintenance, user management and security
- Design and implement policies for managing source code within TFS and Git, including branching, merging and tagging policies to support frequent releases, concurrent development, and partial fixes
- Create and maintain documentation of the build and release processes
- Develop metrics and reporting for build and release tasks
- Investigate, evaluate, propose and implement new tools or processes to improve the reliability, stability and efficiency of the build and deployment pipelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working within a DevOps Engineering role
- 2+ years of experience with Docker or other containerization technologies, such as Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tools and platforms such as Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy or Jenkins
- 1+ years of experience with Azure cloud infrastructure services
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL server and relational databases
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast pace, large scale Agile/Scrum development environment
- United States Citizen
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- Experience with CI using tools such as YAML, Task Agent and Pools
- Experience with hosting .NET applications, Windows Forms, Web Services, RESTful APIs, Single Page Application
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.