Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also have fun. We have chili cook-offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
Leidos is looking for a DevOps Engineer on a 150+ FTE technical development program responsible for delivering modern Identity Access Credential Management (ICAM) solutions. As a DevOps Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
• Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement,
• Solving higher level and larger scope technical problems
• Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
• Individual must have a broad understanding of system development, operations and maintenance • Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and system administration experience
• Coding skills to be able to automate infrastructure and deployment functions
• Have experience with DevOps pipeline and IaC-based tools/frameworks such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, Puppet, Jenkins, and Rundeck
• Understand advanced software development practices, and have a solid knowledge of and experience with Bash, Puppet, Groovy, YAML, JSON, Java, and Python
• Experience with AWS CLI
• Be able to assess and improve upon existing DevOps/CI/CD processes to move the program forward
• Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
• Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
• Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
• Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Candidate must have BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Expert in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as J-unit
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with development leveraging cloud data services
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Experience with NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Spark, Tableau, Elastic Search, Nagios, reactsJS, UIBootstrap, Katalon and Human Centered Design.
- Experience in AWS Data management services
- Experience with the Sponsor’s entitlement management programs
- AWS certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.