Principal DevOps Engineer
Come put your DevOps skills into action! The Leidos Multi-Domain Operations Division has an opening for a talented DevOps Engineer. In this role you will help drive Leidos’ technology-based differentiation in modernization of enterprise-scale information technology. You will be pivotal in providing discriminating technologies, reusable solutions for captures and programs, scalable solutions and enterprise resources, and thought leadership in Digital Modernization. You will be part of a team that develops innovative and differentiated digital modernization solutions for integration and implementation across all of Leidos’ customers through a mixture of Internal Research & Development (IRAD), Contract R&D (CRAD), strategic vendor partnerships, and harvesting of innovative solutions from existing programs and the Leidos CIO office. These differentiated solutions provide value in our customers’ environments that require massive scale, heterogeneity, mission criticality, resiliency, and security. This position will be telework friendly with travel to our Reston, VA headquarters when needed.
This is the opportunity to join a team that hires and grows top talent in digital modernization including solution architects and subject matter experts to provide solution development, technical proposal leadership and mentoring support to strategic captures. In this role, you will join dynamic Agile software teams that are singularly focused on providing world-class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be intellectually challenged and provided with a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
Principal DevOps Engineers enable the continuous integration and continuous delivery of our diverse suite of software products by applying best practices for infrastructure provisioning, configuration and automated software deployments. You will leverage open-source and fit-for-purpose tools to manage private and public cloud infrastructures via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications. You will continually evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement that can be applied across teams. You will influence the development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results, as well as recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of corporate strategy and operations. Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs, as well as resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. You will develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices, and serve as a subject matter expert within your technical domain area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field. Additional Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 12+ years of experience performing DevOps activities in a professional capacity.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with service mesh technologies such as Consul, Istio, Kong, or similar technologies
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes management tools such as Rancher or similar technologies
- Experience with datastores such as Cassandra, PostgreSQL, or similar technologies
- Experience with message brokering and pub/sub technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Ruby on Rails, Go, or similar launguages
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
- AWS or Microsoft Azure certification
- Experience in the DoD Cloud offerings
- Experience with cloud enabled edge devices such as AWS Snowball or Azure Stack Edge
- Experience with bare metal virtualization technologies such as VMWare or Nutanix
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.