Linux DevOps Engineer
- Provisioning/configuring integrated hardware and software solutions
- Collaboration with software engineering/testing teams on project deliverables; building and supporting development, testing, and production environments
- Managing/monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Coordinating/communicating with NSOC; provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 level support
What we're looking for...
You have a strong work ethic. You enjoy using your analytical mind to solve complex problems. You work well in a team environment and can communicate effectively. You are passionate about finding solutions in a fast-paced environment.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Hands on Linux experience
- Coding (Java/Python) and/or shell scripting experience
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree (Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field)
- Experience developing software builds, deployment plans, package dependency management
- Knowledge/exposure to containerization
- Knowledge/exposure with system automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc)
- Experience building VMs
- Database and/or Big Data experience
- Exposure to telecom domain, networking protocols, communications products
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a 'pay for performance' company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits.
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.