Senior DevOps Engineer ( 567665-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our Operations team is responsible for everything from hardware to operating system to automation to network traffic engineering. There are no limits or barriers. Everyone pitches in to run world-class infrastructure that delivers the BlueJeans video communications platform globally.
This role is responsible for systems architecture, support and security, along with deploying systems and supporting peer developers.
- Be a subject matter expert on container orchestration technologies microservices cloud native development and DevOps solutions and best practices.
- Deploy Kubernetes on prem and to various public clouds.
- Design and deploy containerized workload solutions on Kubernetes.
- Design containerized cloud application platform solutions for distributed application architecture.
- Integrate container platforms with automated continuous integration CI and continuous delivery CD pipelines.
- Guide developers and operation team members to learn best practices in DevOps and container technologies and processes.
- Apply new technologies frameworks or methodologies to containerized application development and deployments.
- Architect overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices.
- Manage teams with a leadership mindset.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments.You loveidentifying and solving problems, communicate well, andarepassionate about cloud services, technology and the web.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of software architecture experience.
- Four or more years of cloud ready application design and deployment.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes application deployment building blocksie. Services, Persistent Volumes and Config Maps.
- Experience with HELM charts for docker container orchestration over Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes networking monitoring and logging solutions.
- Experience in setting up and running Kubernetes clusters in on-prem datacenters, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with logging and monitoring dashboard tools such as New Relic, Splunk, Fluentd, Sumologicetc.
- Experience with public cloud Managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon EKS and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Knowledge of the entire CI/CD process,
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to design new CI/CD pipeline architecture and process.
- Automation & Orchestration experience using Consul, Terraform, Chef, NewRelic, Sumo.
- MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra or other database experience.
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment.
- Experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- Knowledge of H.323, SIP and any other buzzworthy technology in video / voice conferencing.
- A strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).