Cloud DevOps Engineer ( R-00072362 )
Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Cloud DevOps Engineer position located in the Blacksburg, VA area.
We are searching for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our growing cloud engineering team to support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and application migration.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team you will be training, both independently and with the team, to gain knowledge about 1901 cloud CI/CD designs, processes, and migration approach
• Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
• Work with teams across 1901 group and customers to understand Infrastructure as Code (IA) requirements for upcoming projects
• Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies
• Design, Build, and Maintain CI/CD pipelines to improve Engineering team productivity
• Create IaC and automation capabilities for both internal and external customers
• Design and implementation of cloud-based deployment solutions for enterprise applications
• Create Cloud architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
• Work across the company to deliver Cloud CI/CD infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance prior to start
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 3+ years of IT experience in a DevOps role; equivalent experience can be accepted in lieu of degree.
• 2+ years of experience with Cloud services, AWS or Azure
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
• Familiar with CI/CD tools such as SonarQube, Jenkins, GitLab, etc.
• Experienced migrating workloads to the cloud
• Experienced provisioning cloud services via console and/or CLI
• Capable of working within a team and independently
• Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
• Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
• US Citizenship required
• An AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Associate, or equivalent certification
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.