Senior DevOps Software Engineer ( R-00072415 )
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a DevOps Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. The selected candidate will be a key member of the Special Projects Innovations team, working hands-on with a team of software engineers, and will provide technical expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), SecDevOps and Software Configuration Management in support of the automated and rapid delivery of innovative solutions to a cloud-based environment.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Cloudbees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Lead software configuration management (SCM) release planning and version control, providing SCM support throughout a software product's life cycle (initial software development through promotion to Test, QA and Production Environments).
- Plan and manage parallel software development and release cycles as well as provide SCM for a large distributed development network with remote partners, ensuring the consistency and reliability of software builds.
- Provide technical direction, leadership, guidance and training on CM processes to a team of software engineers, ensuring congruence of the various infrastructure, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under configuration control
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team, communicating and collaborating frequently with teammates to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker (OpenShift experience is a plus).
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Previous SCM experience, including release planning, managing software baselines, merging branches, and producing software builds
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Strong experience working on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process.
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team.