OpenShift DevOps Engineer ( 586419-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a OpenShift DevOps Engineer, you willmaintain the security, stability and performance of the Openshift Container platforms in multiple datacenters servicing multiple GTS stakeholder organizations. Utilize correlated data sources with predictive analytics to ensure maximum operational uptime and adherence to SLOs and SLAs. Installs, configures and manages OpenShift cluster and hosts.
Candidate will support the systems responsible for the Red Hat OpenShift container platform along with its associated infrastructure. Handles requests for new or updated services and applications, integrates via GitOps design. Fixes and remediates incidents and problems within the OpenShift platform and the connected ecosystem. Participates as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the OpenShift container domain. Participates on projects in which they are required to with multi-functional teams in pursuit of a common goal.
Install, configure, solve, and deploy OpenShift related infrastructure and cluster services in an enterprise environment to support container-based application virtualization.
Find opportunities for improvement to system stability, capacity, security, performance, and drive implementation of approved solutions.
Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
Implement and support security best-practices to ensure a secured compute environment.
Track and report on system performance to ensure performance acceptable to meet expected business SLA's
Produce and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level container-based systems (OpenShift, Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes, etc.) including associated on-prem infrastructure with supporting dedicated to OpenShift Platform systems (OCP, OCS, HAProxy, etc.), servicemesh.
- Experience supporting Microservice and Cloud-native applications in a CI/CD automated, multi-tenant application environment with multiple partners and use cases.
- Experience with RedHat Linux RHEL 6/7/8, kubernetes observability / logging - Grafana, Prometheus. NewRelic, kafka, Splunk.
- Experience in Shell scripting /Python/Ansible development.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Two or moreyear's of experience with ACM, OPA, or Gatekeeper
- Two or moreyear's ofexperience with container vulnerability management - sysdig, twistlock or alternative
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team with direct responsibilities.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adapt to changes in project scope.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates and internal clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).