Lead Devops Engineer ( 584172-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) Far Edge team builds and supports a variety of tools and APIs to support VCP operations. As the scale of the VCP Far Edge deployment increases, we need skilled software engineers to develop and support the automation necessary to deploy and manage the VCP Far Edge cloud.
As a lead engineer you will envision, architect, implement, and support infrastructure deployment automation and APIs across the VCP Far Edge ecosystem.
- Designing, building, testing, deploying and operating automation and APIs.
- Deploying and managing virtualization/containerization platforms as provided by multiple vendors.
- Executing continuous integration, continuous deployment while leveraging DevOps best practices.
- Advising on troubleshooting and the triage of problem reports, resolutions and escalate as required.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience leading technical teams, setting technical direction and mentoring team members
- Experience with containerization and virtualization
- Experience with (e.g. Python, Ruby, shell, other)
- Experience with DevOps tools and frameworks (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with Linux configuration and administration
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or related technical field
- Experience with system architecture and design
- Experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Experience with DevOps tools and frameworks (e.g. Salt, Git, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes solution architecture
- Experience with CICD tools and their best practices (e.g., Gitlab Runners)
- Experience in Monitoring and log management skills (e.g. Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Kafka, Icinga)
- Knowledge of IP networking, load balancing and firewalls
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).