Senior DevOps Engineer ( 579117-1K )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for an outstanding NetDevOps Engineer/ Agile lead to support Automation transformation within Systems & Network Engineering Organization. You will play a key role in identifying areas of improvement in Network Engineering processes, tools, collaborate with DevOps tool-chain Framework team, architect automation solutions, investigate cutting edge technologies that will help bring value and elevate Lab certification process. You will interact with Business Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Network Analysts, Network Module Leads, Operations team and Project managers to implement unique solutions for complex problems. You will imbibe agile thinking and DevOps techniques into the ME automation development process.
- Leading DevOps automation for critical Network initiatives within Wireline Maintenance Engineering organization.
- Participating in meeting with Key stakeholders and drive ME Automation with partnering organization.
- Independently leading multiple projects and develop network automation using Python and integrate scripts for a full CI/CD execution.
- Acting as subject matter expert on automation & help architect solution using Cloud Technology (VCP/ AWS), Virtualized Network Functions,
- Working with SME’s from peer organization to bring resolution to open issues in a timely fashion.
- Partnering with application owners and vendors to ensure Development standards as defined by Framework teams are met.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingess to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of SDLC experience including systems analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience as a lead automation engineer managing large/ complex programs/ projects.
- Four or more years of development experience using Java, Python, Ruby programming language.
- Four or more years hands on experience with DevOps tools such as Jira/ Confluence/ Jenkins/ GIT/ ROBOT/ Selenium WebDriver.
- Knowledge of end to end product offering and architecture, preferably iEN Provisioning.
- Experience in test architecture, automation scripting with ability to design, build, test and deploy end to end solution for complex applications on different browsers and operating systems.
- Understanding of SDN/ NFV concepts and the ecosystems – SDN Controller, ONF, ETIS NFV, Opendaylight, Openstack, VMWare.
- Experience architecting on AWS and/or AWS Certification.
- Telecom Experience with focus on Provisioning and Network device automaton for code upgrade/ downgrade (Juniper/ Cisco/ Ciena).
- Network Security experience.
- Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to function in a globally diversified work environment.
- Excellent teamwork and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Experience in Test data Management, Configuration Management, Data Analytics tool.
- Solid Teamwork and collaboration skills with proven ability to innovate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).