Senior Full Stack Engineer ( 596788-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a full stack Software Engineer for the Verizon Enterprise Data Science Experimentation platform, you will be helping implement and operationalize various components of the platform. This Platform will enable the culture of experimentation to drive AI based decisions at scale.
This role is part of the Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) organization at Verizon. AI&D is a team of data, analytics, engineering, and data science experts focused on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers, and society, responsibly.
- Implement, test, deploy, and maintain various platform components.
- Develop in-depth architecture standards, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts to prove out new technologies and products that will be adopted into the overall AI&D platform ecosystem.
- Identify and communicate issues, risks, and solutions proactively to management.
- Document processes appropriately to provide continuity.
- Provide high-level production and crisis support.
- Partner with other teams in AI&D and other lines of business to successfully accomplish goals.
- Collaborate with functional units of an organization to integrate new or existing services.
- Contribute to implement best practices and procedures to enhance business growth.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in full stack application development using JAVA, Spring Boot, REST APIs.
- Experience with various database technologies (e.g., RDBMS, Big Data Technologies, Distributed, NoSQL).
- Experience working with AWS technologies (e.g., EC2 instances, EKS cluster, Kubernetes).
- Experience with API service integration (e.g., SSO, New Relic).
- Experience with SDLC processes.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Experience with ML Ops.
- Experience with DevOps pipelines (GIT, Jenkins).
- Experience with or knowledge of UX/UI design, Front end technologies (e.g., Node.js, React, Angular.js).
- Experience with GCP.
- Experience working with development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum).
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).