Full Stack Engineer (106316768)
At Optum Global Advantage, we built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.sm
Optum Clinical Manager (OCM) is a strategic, enterprise clinical platform across UHC and Optum that leverages shared technology and services. As an integrated, cloud native, scalable technology platform, OCM delivers seamless end-to-end clinical solutions that are configurable, resilient and quick to build while reducing overall enterprise technology costs. It supports a multi-payer, multi-tenant model, enabling care management, utilization management and digital capabilities.
- Technologist, Evangelist for technology transformation, hand-on expert, involved in developing
the products built on microservice architecture with front end using Java full stack , Java, Spring
boot, Kafka, Azure AKS, Postgress, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Azure cloud, Front end tools like
Angular 8 and above , React & Typescript
- Ability to design patterns and performance optimization of services,
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of many technical areas in technology through
experience and academic achievement
- Hands on Engineer who lead by Example with Developers
- Responsible for building production ready features and capabilities with best engineering
- Shares knowledge internally with peers and leaders and acts as an internal resource for teams and
business units within their areas of expertise
- Work with Sr Principle engineer/Technical Architect to develop the prototype into production
- Guides and mentors’ junior engineers within the organization
- Responsible for work allocation to the scrum team engineers
- Ensure that other team members are successful in completing their deliverables in time
- Responsible for sizing and decomposing a feature into manageable and deliverable user story
- 8+ years Java/J2EE software development experience with Java, Spring framework, multi-threading, and caching techniques.
- English and Spanish Proficiency
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of scalable micro services using containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns, software engineering best practices and performance optimization of services using memory management, garbage collection.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- A passion for engineering and a consistent record of developing great software
- Experience with event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
- Experience in building the data load back end services to load data into RDBMS databases.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and code management tools like github.
- Experience in leading engineers in scrum team.
- Experience in developing cloud based services using AKS and Azure Functions.
- Hands on Experience with front end tools like Angular 8 and above/React & Typescript
- Good understanding of GraphQL and data modeling
- Solid Exposure to distributed technologies (Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in cloud native technologies, preferably Azure.
- Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Extraordinary communication and collaboration skills. You are pragmatic and know how to build trust.
Technologies You Would Work With:
- Apache Kafka
- Elastic Search
- Azure Cloud
Diversity Creates a Healthier Atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is a positive experience and equal opportunity employer for all qualified candidates who will be considered for openings without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Engineering, Java, GraphQL, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure Cloud, Postgress, AKS, Networking, J2EE, CI/CD, Spark, SQL, .Net, C#, YAML, JSON, PowerShell, BASH, Python, Software, Bogota, Colombia.