Senior Engineer Consultant Full Stack ( 599950-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible Engineering is building a next generation cloud mobile network platform, pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier. We're looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about writing code and unafraid of solving big problems. Visible is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team and help build our next generation of web and mobile experiences for the Digital Real Time Marketing Technology engineering team. You will bring creative ideas and energy to the team, take calculated risks with a bias to action, and challenge our thinking with an action-forward team mentality.
- Hands on software contribution - Identify when and how best to carve out to define platform functionality from a monolith into scalpel personalized platform services, while balancing the ongoing needs of the business.
- Build tested, maintainable and efficient UI components to our growing UI library.
- Integrate UI components with various applications and APIs.
- Work collaboratively in a small team to deliver product features.
- Write code, perform code reviews, and provide feedback.
- Attend daily and weekly agile ceremonies to groom, plan, and execute.
- Own all aspects of architecture, software engineering, and product development.
- Build and maintain software systems that are used by the entire company to deliver software to the Visible platform.
- Act as a responsible engineer for various software products.
- Deep dive into your users' problems, find efficient solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement.
- Build prototypes and ability to work independently and as an effective and enthusiastic team member.
- Maintain and enhance monolith functionality in the Vlocity platform, implementing Salesforce’s Sales, Service and/or Marketing cloud solutions and Visualforce, Lightning, and Apex.
- Closely collaborate with our global delivery teams.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Four years of experience in web applications development.
- Experience in developing client-side/front-end web applications in React JS, NodeJS.
- Knowledge in the native mobile web application development using React Native framework.
- Knowledge of MVC/MVVM frameworks (e.g., NodeJS, BackBoneJS).
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices.
- Knowledge of server-side programming language in Java with exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Knowledge of Design patterns and ability in creating and managing REST API’s. Expertise in micro service based architecture(e.g., Spring Boot latest version).
- Expertise in API management and configuring tools like Apigee.
- Proficiency with UI testing using third party tools (e.g., cucumber/capybara, karma, mocha or jasmine).
- Familiarity with DBMS technologies, including SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra and MySQL and caching mechanisms (e.g., Redis, Memcached, Varnish).
- Experience with Python’s data science and data engineering ecosystems.
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts.
- Experience with website performance tools to optimize site performance.
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications.
- Strong creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Unit Testing with Jest/Enzyme experience.
- Experience in using analytics and reporting platforms (e.g., Glassbox, ContentSquare, Tealim).
- Experience in Pega decision making tools.
- Experience with common front-end development tools (e.g., Babel, Webpack, NPM).
- Knowledge of messaging / streaming technologies.
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and SEO.
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it and work on AGILE principles for continuous project delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).