Full Stack Developer ( R-00086000 )
Leidos is seeking a Full Stack Developer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. As a senior member of the development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and ongoing iterative development of microservice APIs that expose a robust and changing data environment to client UIs, and work with UI code to ensure data is presented properly. The Full Stack developer will be coordinating between UX developers and other back-end developers to ensure that the entire web application functions properly and is well-built. This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown of development tasks and estimation of effort
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Design overall application architecture involving microservices, micro-frontends, APIs, integration patterns, database models and similar
- Instrument secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern microservices and event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day to day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure high test coverage
- Work with UX engineers and business analysts to design impactful and intuitive interfaces
- Collaborate with Software Factory team to achieve disciplined adoption of modern software development practices like TDD, BDD, CI/CD and similar
- Troubleshoot defect issues, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with application developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 7+ years of experience developing distributed software applications using modern and open source technologies and frameworks
- Excel at server-side web development (Java, Python, PHP, Perl)
- Experience in transactional logic in relational data stores (SQL, JDBC, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational data stores and indexers (caching, Mongo, Elastic, etc.)
- Work with and model data effectively
- Understand HTTP and HTTPS protocols, REST APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Security Clearance
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience developing AI/ML enabled applications for an intel mission
- Experience with Python-based microservices (Flask, FastAPI).
- ReactJS with TypeScript a plus
- Conversant with WebSockets
- Experience with GraphQL
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.