Lead Full Stack Developer ( 601672-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be a senior member of the Verizon Point of Sale and Business 360 solutions and platform development team, focusing on design-driven development and front-end delivery across multiple Business Units i.e SMB, Mid Markets, Enterprise, Public Sector, as well as implementations for POS across multiple channels i.e Retail, Indirect, B2B, Telesales, Chat & the BGCO. As a full stack engineer & lead of leads, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable application development whose core include an independent UI layer integrated with Microservices with telemetry infrastructure using (RabbitMQ/ Microservices) ND using Angular 4, React, JS, Spring Boot, Java J2EE, Microservices, SOA. You will work very closely with Enterprise Architecture to design new complex solutions for B360, and also engage with multiple upstream & downstream system leads and management.
All team members play a vital role in delivering high value and high quality solutions that meet business objectives, and delivering end-to-end performance and scale of complex applications that can be deployed in a platform agnostic way. The position is to lead a team of agile, cross-functional team that delivers value to the business with high frequency. A continuous delivery / continuous integration (CICD) approach is followed to ensure tight integration and early detection of issues for quick delivery cycle-time.
- Design & lead, review the development of scalable end to end applications and development platform for B360 Platform including Account Inquiry, Quoting, Ordering and POC Portal across multiple BU’s and channels
- Have a very thorough & deep level understanding of the functioning of Point of Sale systems, including UI, Middleware & Backends that does customer authentication, Payment, Credit policies, Order processing etc.
- Work on a NorthStar Architecture strategy & implementation for B360 applications, such that B360 can scale to the requirements of different client types and Business Units.
- Design & Develop a comprehensive strategy & architecture to scale our 5G BI and Mobility architecture.
- Design new functions for Quoting across multiple channels that allow for Quote 2 Order, Inline Quoting, Sharing Digital Quotes, & Comparative Quoting.
- Design unique ways of scaling our ordering platform beyond 99 Lines.
- Design & Develop the ability for the Digital POC Portal to integrate with Digital means.
- Analysis and design of low latency Microservices APIs that will be consumed by a platform as well as external developers/third party vendors.
- Design, review, and optimize the Backend and frontend application layer to deliver the value to the front line reps
- Conduct iterative application tuning and performance baselining.
- Participate in Agile development, daily scrum, and sprints.
- Develop high-level and detail-level designs with cross-functional input. Work closely with product managers and other external stakeholders to ensure that the final solution will meet business objectives.
- Develop features with quality and integrated with continuous integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Implement and champion best practices in solution design and delivery to optimize business investments.
- Lead end of end development of major software features.
- Lead the Creation of reusable microservices that can be used my multiple applications and systems
- Perform regular Store and Call center visits to get front line feedback & improve code and processes based on that feedback
- Work closely with Business partners in all BU’s for SMB, Mid Markets, Public Sector, and Enterprise.
- Keep a keen eye on code delivery & reviews to reduce technical debt.
- Keep continuous closure on IR’s and SRE improvements.
- Fraud deterrence is table stakes, and the individual would drive theteam of devs towards reducing Fraud, and close any Audit and compliance related issues.
- Individuals will be required to lead projects across channels i.e Retail, Indirect, Telesales, B2B, Care, Chat, Telesales External & partner very closely with Digital to create a OMNI channel strategy.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in J2EE/ Spring/ Microservices and other programming languages
- Experience working with Microservices and Service oriented architecture
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Prior experience with design anddevelopment of POS Applications is a plus
- Experience designing and developing complex-domain applications and highly scalable ingestion and data processing applications.
- Strong foundation andexperience in J2EE/ Spring/ Microservices and other programming languages. Familiar with industry best practices (eg. TM Forum) and design patterns.
- Relevant work experience of designing & developing end to end medium to large scaable solutions & applications in conjunction with enterprise architecure & other cross functional teams.
- Experience with designing and using horizontally scalable UI layer component systems in Angular and React
- Design, Development aneImplementation of services architecture in your prior experience.
- Experience on database management systems and Query language.
- Detailed ex'perience of Debugging and monitoring experience of cloud applications
- Experience with an agile, scrum-based team that utilizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
- Ability to lead end of end development of major software features.
- Ability to work closely with cross functional downstream & upstream systems & engage development and debuging sessions with them.
- Ability to work closely with Business Partners for ideation & front-line support through regular Store and Call Center visits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.