Lead Full Stack Developer ( 606330-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be a member of the Verizon Point of Sale and Business 360 solutions and platform development team, focusing on design-driven development and front-end delivery across multiple Business Units i.e SMB, Mid Markets, Enterprise, Public Sector, as well as implementations for POS across multiple channels i.e Retail, Indirect, B2B, Telesales, Chat & the BGCO. As a full stack engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable application development whose core include an independent UI layer integrated with Microservices with telemetry infrastructure using (RabbitMQ/ Microservices) ND using Angular 4, React, JS, Spring Boot, Java J2EE, Microservices, SOA.
All team members play a vital role in delivering high value and high quality solutions that meet business objectives, and delivering end-to-end performance and scale of complex applications that can be deployed in a platform agnostic way. The position is part of an agile, cross-functional team that delivers value to the business with high frequency. A continuous delivery / continuous integration (CICD) approach is followed to ensure tight integration and early detection of issues for quick delivery cycle-time.
- Design and develop well-architected and scalable end to end applications and development platform for B360 Platform including Account Inquiry, Quoting, Ordering and POC Portal
- Understand the Point of sale system, customer authentication, Payment, Credit policies etc
- Contribute to analysis and design of low latency Microservices APIs that will be consumed by a platform as well as external developers/third party vendors.
- Design, review, and optimize the Backend and frontend application layers to deliver the value to the front line reps
- Conduct iterative application tuning and performance baselining.
- Participate in Agile development, daily scrum, and sprints.
- Develop high-level and detail-level designs with cross-functional input. Work closely with product managers and other external stakeholders to ensure that the final solution will meet business objectives.
- Develop features with quality and integrated with continuous integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Implement and champion best practices in solution design and delivery to optimize business investments.
- Lead end of end development of major software features.
- Lead the Creation of reusable microservices that can be used by multiple applications and systems
- Perform regular Store and Call center visits to get front line feedback & improve code and processes based on that feedback
- Work closely with Business partners in all BU’s for SMB, Mid Markets, Public Sector, Enterprise.
- Keep a keen eye on code delivery with minimal technical debt.
- Keep continuous closure on IRs and SRE improvements.
- Fraud deterrence is table stakes, and the individual would drive theteam of devs towards reducing Fraud and closing any Audit and compliance-related issues.
- Individuals will be required to lead projects across channels i.e Retail, Indirect, Telesales, B2B, Care, Chat, Telesales External & partner very closely with Digital to create an OMNI channel strategy.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing and developing complex-domain applications and highly scalable ingestion and data processing applications.
- Experience working with Microservices and Service oriented architecture
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong foundation in J2EE/ Spring/ Microservices and other programming languages. Familiar with industry best practices and design patterns.
- Experience with designing and using horizontally scalable UI layer component systems in Angular and React
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience with running POS Applications is a plus
- Knowledge of services architecture.
- Experience on database management systems and Query language.
- Debugging and monitoring experience of cloud applications
- Ability to work within an agile, scrum-based team that utilizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
- Ability to lead end of end development of major software features.
- Ability to work closely with X-CIO downstream systems & engage in development and debugging sessions with them.
- Ability to work closely with Business Partners for ideation & front-line support through regular Store and Call Center visits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.