Principal - Full Stack Engineer - Hyderabad, TG (111675119)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Do you want to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for over 100 million people across the globe? Would you like to be part of the team creating integrated, personalized digital health solutions that educate and empower consumers to the right care at the right time? Do you love to build the platform vision by laying the digital foundation needed for future innovation across the enterprise?
At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we are building the future of healthcare. Our mission is to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. UHG is ranked 5th of the fortune 500 companies in 2022, has 330,000 + employees across 16 countries and has a market cap of $500 B. Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business, delivering innovative solutions with leading technologies that help modernize the health system and improve overall population health.
Optum Digital, the digital arm of Optum and UHC, is looking for a visionary technology leader to lead Identity Management (HealthSafe ID) India team. HealthSafe ID is a single set of sign-in credentials across UnitedHealth Group, that let members access all their health benefits, along with Optum Financial. HealthSafe ID is highly scalable platform that strengthens website authentication protocols and enhances the security of our member’s account by adding dual-factor authentication. It is leveraged by 27 million members across 88 portals.
- Define and execute the long-term strategy for the platform to improve product quality, reliability, security, scalability, and performance. Own the end-to-end vision of the platform
- Own the product life cycle, define, and monitor metrics that measure the success of the product
- Manage first line managers, tech leaders and senior SDEs
- Lead/guide the operations leaders to bring your vision to life
- As a senior-level leader, you will manage and influence stakeholders at all levels (including executive leadership)
- Work in complex business environment consisting of cross functional teams, with product owners and product managers, and various stakeholder across the businesses
- Hiring talent, retain your top talent and mentor them to grow as technical leaders
- Manage span of directly & indirectly reports and responsible for their performance management
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar major
- 12+ years hands-on engineering experience with technologies like, Java/JEE, Spring, SQL/No SQL databases, JS frameworks like AngularJS and ReactJS, responsive design, cloud-based services, and hosting (Azure/AWS EC2, etc.)
- 5+ years of managing software development teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of >40 in size and track record of successfully delivering features to customers with steadily increasing responsibilities
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, large Scale distributed services
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines and organizations, including to senior leadership
- Strong technical foundation with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)