Senior Software Developer (full-stack) – Innovation Lab ( R-00089968 )
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Full -Stack Software Developer for our Innovation Lab on our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. We are seeking a Sr. Full -Stack Software Developer who has the skill, desire and passion to design and develop innovative ideas with latest emerging tools technologies by applying Rapid Application Development techniques. You will work with program leadership & teams within Leidos and customers to accelerate innovation by developing and refining strategy, creating proof-of-concepts to demonstrate capabilities to address customer challenges. You will effectively use your abilities in software development, data modeling, DevOps, security, integration, configuration, and visualization.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Development Frameworks: Including but not limited to Hibernate, Spring Ecosystem, Angular.js, jQuery
- Application Servers: Including but not limited to Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, NodeJS, Flask
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, Google Cloud
- Virtual Environments: VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware, Linux on Windows
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Automation & Configuration: Bash Script, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation
- Cloud Managed services: AWS Lambda, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, AWS Batch, ElastiCache, Kafka, EKS, ECS
- Application Patterns: Service Locator, Microservice Patterns
- Databases: RDBMS, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Neo4J
- Collaboration Environments: Jupyter Notebooks, Atlassian Suite
- Dashboard tools: Grafana, Kibana, Tableau, WebFocus
- API Development: REST, SOAP, GraphQL, Security, AuthN & AuthZ, webMethods
- Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Sprints, Retrospective sessions
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Mobile Development: Ionic, Angular, React, Native Integrations
- Data Science: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Optical Character Recognition concepts
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Concepts: Git, Maven, Jenkins Pipeline, Modern CD concepts such as GitOps, Feature Branching, Pull Requests, Test-driven Development, Business-driven Development
- Health-care expertise(nice-to-have): CDA, C32, CCDA, FHIR, EHR, Electronic Medical Records
- Data Security & Privacy Protocols: HIPAA, PHI, HITECH
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Communicating effectively with executive management, demonstrate reference implementations, and provide recommendations based on the findings
- Part of a team that will require both collaborating within the team(s) and individually responsible for the project
- Share progress updates with management and the team on a timely basis
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master's or Doctorate's degree may substitute for required experience
- 2+ years of experience of modern software development experience with a solid understanding of building, deploying, and running applications
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.