Senior Full Stack Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
If you are passionate about software development and willing to explore the latest technologies, then this job may just be what you are looking for. As part of the Global Technology Solutions team, you will have opportunities to leverage your knowledge in software development technologies in building solutions for our customers, find new ways to develop software solutions for our front-line reps and customers alike. As a full stack senior software developer and application architect, you can bring your experience and expertise to solve complex problems and drive solutions that add value to stakeholders.
This role is responsible for designing, architecting and developing software features and functions driven by business/user needs in Credit Risk Assessment & Assisted Sales applications.
- Analyze, design, and develop software applications on CSG North Star Architecture with software best practices in mind.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team, project managers, senior team members and business stakeholders to gather requirements and drive code development/implementation.
- Investigate application and system issues, provide timely resolution and recommend preventive action to leadership/ business team.
- Lead small-to-medium technical projects under minimal supervision of senior staff and management.
- Contribute to defining and implementing software best practices in agile software development methodology.
- Develop and maintain enhanced application security posture by mitigating application vulnerabilities.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading small/medium scale applications in Java/J2EE stack
- Experience in Spring, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Spring suite in general.
- Experience leading development of microservices on Java/Spring Boot/JPA.
- Experience with Angular or React.js.
- Experience leading development of containerized applications/services such as Docker/Kubernetes on cloud such as AWS/Google Cloud.
- Experience leading development of applications with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB.
- Experience using GIT/Stash/GitLab, Jenkins and an understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Experience in developing and writing unit tests, developing unit test suites and code coverage.
- Experience in Debugging medium-to-large scale Spring applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Experience designing and architecting application/software solutions.
- Experience working with Oracle DB. Expereince with Cassandra / Mongo DB is preferred.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Experience working with JSON/NoSQL repositories.
- Experience remediating vulnerabilities reported by Fortify and Web Scans.
- Experience with latest 3rd party and open source java libraries.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills to work across teams and organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with Python scripting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.