Principal Engineer-Full Stack
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Principle Engineer-Full Stack who would be a self-starter, who can work with multiple teams in the delivery of critical projects and support activities,takes initiative and ownership of activites, posesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have the ability to define a vision and your entrepreneurial mindset drives you to generate highly innovative ideas and take calculated risks
- Provide technical leadership to migrate from a monolithic code base to microservices and a multi-tenanted solution.
- Develop the strategy for microservices development and define the technical infrastructure to support that strategy for CI/CD.
- Develop code modules and libraries in support of microservice development with Spring Boot.
- Drive end-to-end lifecycle solutions delivery from "Ideation and Incubation" to "Deployment and Rollout” to eventual "run and operate frameworks."
- Maintain productive management level relationships with Verizon's business functions.
- Allocate skilled resources for project and enhancement requests as well as day-to-day operations.
- Take rational risk and promote a risk-aware culture and ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Be a Subject Matter expert on Vendor Settlements and Accounts Payable functions, drive mix of vendor and Verizon India team members towards delivering results for business
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE application development, PL/SQL development including experience leading a technical team in such web technologies.
- Experience in any Queuing middleware technologies like Rabbit MQ, Kafka queue’s etc…
- Experience with performance tuning, scalability and availability.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience triaging/handling high pressure customer end user/requests.
- Knowledge of standard billing and settlements platforms and process.
- Proven experience in partnering with business, leading/managing Software projects/development teams towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of Docker/Container technologies.
- Experience in a DevOps, CICD process, AWS rehydration, code deployment & security scans processes
- Software development experience in a diverse set of areas including scalable web applications, web services, message queues.
- Experience in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Opensource & Cloud Technologies and large scale deployments in - AWS, NodejS, Cassendra, Angularjs etc.
- Experience migrating web applications to Cloud (AWS or Azure).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.