Full Stack Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for Senior Engineer Consulting-Full Stack who isa self-starter,can work with multiple teams in the delivery of critical projects and support activities, cantake initiative and ownership of activities andpossess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop/maintain a DevOps production deployment pipeline using automation tools such as Jenkins and Ansible.
- Develop auto-healing solutions on production systems.
- Research and fix software/hardware vulnerabilities as reported by security scanning tools.
- Provide technical leadership to migrate from a monolithic code base to microservices and a multi-tenanted solution.
- Develop the strategy for microservices development and define the technical infrastructure to support that strategy for CI/CD.
- Develop code modules and libraries in support of microservice development with Spring Boot
- Maintain productive management level relationships with Verizon's business functions.
- Support critical application landscape ensuring high availability, scalability, Debugging, break fixes etc.
- Ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Be a Subject Matter expert, drive mix of vendor and Verizon India team members towards delivering results for business.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE application development, PL/SQL development, Maria DB, Linux, Python, Tomcat
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience with one or more of the scripting technologies like Batch scripts, Cron jobs, shell scripts, python scripts etc.
- Experience in Queuing middleware technologies like Rabbit MQ, Kafka queue’s etc…
- Experience in a DevOps, CICD process, AWS rehydration, code deployment & security scans processes
- Proven experience in partnering with business, leading/managing Software projects/development teams towards a common goal.
- Experience triaging/handling high pressure customer end user/requests.
- Experience with performance tuning, scalability and availability.
- Knowledge of Docker/Container technologies.
- Software development experience in a diverse set of areas including scalable web applications, web services etc..
- Experience in waterfall and agile methodologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.