Senior Engineer Consulting-Full Stack
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
- Designing and developing well-architected and scalable end to end applications and development platform for Collections Platform.
- Contributing to analysis and design of low latency Micro services APIs that will be consumed by a platform as well as external developers/third party vendors.
- Designing, reviewing, and optimizing the Backend and frontend application layers to deliver the value to the front line reps.
- Conducting iterative application tuning and performance baselining.
- Participating in Agile development, daily scrum, and sprints.
- Developing high-level and detail-level designs with cross-functional input.
- Working closely with product managers and other external stakeholders to ensure that the final solution will meet business objectives.
- Developing features with quality and integrated with continuous integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Implementing best practices in solution design and delivery to optimize business investments.
- Leading end of end development of major software features.
- Leading the Creation of reusable micro services that can be used by multiple applications and systems.
- Keeping continuous closure on IRs, Security Vulnerabilities, Disaster Recovery Setup, Compliance and Audit Controls.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of J2EE/ Spring/ Micro services/EKS and other programming languages.
- Experience with designing and using horizontally scalable UI layer component systems in Angular and React.
- Experience on database management systems and Query language.
- Experience in Debugging and monitoring cloud applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in industry best practices and design patterns.
- Knowledge of services architecture.
- Ability to work within an agile, scrum-based team that utilizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
- Ability to lead end of end development of major software features.
- Ability to work closely with X-CIO downstream systems & engage in development and debugging sessions with them.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.