Full Stack Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Full Stack engineer, who has strong knowledge on the database development, React, JS, Spring Boot, Java J2EE, Microservices, SOA.This position is part of an agile, cross-functional team that delivers value to the business with high frequency. This role will be a member of the Enterprise Finance and Bill-to-Cash development team, focusing on design-driven development and front-end delivery across multiple Business units.A continuous delivery / continuous integration (CICD) approach is followed to ensure tight integration and early detection of issues for quick delivery cycle-time
- Design and develop well-architected and scalable end to end applications and development platform for Collections Platform.
- Design, review, and optimize the Backend and frontend application layers to deliver the value to the front line reps
- Conduct iterative application tuning and performance baselining. Participate in Agile development, daily scrum, and sprints. Develop high-level and detail-level designs with cross-functional input.
- Work closely with product managers and other external stakeholders to ensure that the final solution will meet business objectives.
- Develop features with quality and integrated with continuous integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Implement and champion best practices in solution design and delivery to optimize business investments.
- Lead end of end development of major software features. Lead the Creation of reusable microservices that can be used by multiple applications and systems
- Keep continuous closure on IRs, Security Vulnerabilities, Disaster Recovery Setup, Compliance and Audit Controls.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with designing and using horizontally scalable UI layer component systems in Angular and React.
- Debugging and monitoring experience of cloud applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of services architecture.
- Experience with SQL proficiency one or many (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata).
- Experience on database management systems and Query language.
- Solid experience in writing SQL, stored procedures, query performance tuning preferably on Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Strong foundation in J2EE/ Spring/ Microservices/EKS and other programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills to present complex ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiar with industry best practices and design patterns.
- Ability to work within an agile, scrum-based team that utilizes Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes.
- Ability to lead end of end development of major software features.
- Ability to work closely with X-CIO downstream systems & engage in development and debugging sessions with them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.