Senior Full Stack Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior System Engineer in the Verizon Business Group - Global Technology Solutions team, you will be responsible for designing and delivering solutions for our Digital Sales Systems, Compensation Planning, and Commercial Operations to drive revenue and reduce costs for VBG. As part of these programs, you will leverage the System of Insights (SOI), Simplified Workflows, Systems of Engagement (SOE) and Digital Operating Environment to transform the customer and employee experience to eliminate manual processes, reduce costs, and increase revenue. You will be part of several VBG Transformation initiatives, partnering with the business leaders and work stream owners to transform our sales operations, compensation management and back office support systems for each segment of VBG: Enterprise, Business Markets, Public Sector and Wholesale.
In addition, you will contribute and support the development of new and existing platforms required to maintain and operate our core business, ensure our systems remain secure and compliant, improve systems performance, all while delivering innovative solutions aligned to the VBG North Star architecture. You will be responsible for identifying emerging technologies to support the platforms, building strong partnerships across GTS as we simplify our architecture and transform our systems. Your role on the team will be a critical part of the VBG transformation journey - increasing revenue, reducing costs and generating significant EBITDA benefits for Verizon.
- Responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex software solutions at an enterprise level.
- Responsible for collaborating with teams across shores to understand the functional requirements and translate them into work products.
- Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards, and quality processes in projects.
- Executing full software development life cycle (SDLC) – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, and support.
- Ensuring the application development sprint cycle is on track and adjusting the plan to meet release timelines.
- Acting independently, at the same time displaying excellent collaboration within and between various teams.
- Understanding the domain knowledge and adapting to an agile environment.
- Testing and coordinating all user interfaces changes of Responsive Web Design.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use in front-end and back-end technologies.
- Effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining applications by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, and developing software systems.
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, and Microservices technology stack.
- Experience building/deploying applications using JIRA, Git, Maven, and Jenkins Pipelines.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with security standard practices.
- Experience in Cloud (AWS).
- Knowledge of SonarQube, SonarLint, and Git.
- Knowledge of Application Security, and DevSecOps
- SQL and SQL-based database concepts.
- Experience creating REST Services preferably using Spring, Microservices.
- Java Development experience.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience with debugging web applications on desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
- Strong technical background in understanding of systems architecture and relevant technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to connect at all levels of the business leadership team.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.