Sr. Java Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer - UHC M&R IS - Horsham, PA or Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Producing high-quality code to meet all project deadlines and ensuring the functionality matches the requirements
- Analyzing and resolving issues found during the testing or pre-production phases of the software delivery lifecycle, coordinating changes with project team leaders and cross-work team members
- Providing technical support to project team members and responding to inquiries regarding errors or questions about programs
- Interacts with architects, other tech leads, team members and project manager as required to address technical and schedule issues
- Suggests and implements process improvements for estimating, development and testing processes
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 6+ years of experience in IT Application Development
- 6+ years of solid hand-on experience with Java Enterprise Edition (Java/J2EE) and web technologies
- 6+ years of experience with Struts and/or Spring framework
- 4+ years working with Oracle or other relational databases and including writing SQL or PL/SQL
- 4+ years of experience with TDD and BDD using JUnit, Cucumber and Gherkin
- Hands-on experience and good understanding of Java Server Pages (JSPs)
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
- Working experience in XML/JSON and developing SOAP and REST web services using Apache CXF or a comparable framework
- Experience working with IntelliJ and Git
- Work experience in Unix environments
- Worked on applications designing and implementing complex business functionalities in distributed applications
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs), service-oriented architectures (SOA), Spring, Struts, Jenkin, Maven and design patterns such as MVC, Command, Session Faade, DAO etc.
- Experience in leading projects requiring application re-engineering, modernization / refactoring legacy code base to modernize technology, componentizing and segmenting code base for independent deployments
- Experience in test first development and pair programming
- Experience translating business requirements into value-added, high-performing technical solutions in the health care sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpretive skills, as well as the ability to effectively present, negotiate, influence, and build consensus
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.