Senior Full Stack Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Application Security Tools Team plays a critical role in providing key security capabilities to the application security organization, application development teams and across the enterprise in support of security and privacy mandates.
You will be responsible for leading development projects to deliver new features, enhance existing capabilities and maintenance of existing tools. In this high visibility position you will interact with teams across the enterprise - application security, application development, CIS - as well as vendors providing security tools.
- Leading multiple development projects along with hands-on coding in a full stack capacity.
- Designing, developing and testing Java application software to modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture.
- Delivering full secure software development lifecycle - design, requirements, development, testing and code review as part of the DevOps software packaging and deployment lifecycle.
- Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding, testing and review standards.
- Setting up and integratingsoftware applications and providingpost-rollout application support.
- Implementing DevOps pipeline automation in support of a secure development lifecycle.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your organization.
What we’re looking for...
The ASTT team is seeking a Development Lead / Senior Full Stack developer with strong technical and project management skills.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a software development lead role with the ability to manage multiple projects through the full development lifecycle and effectively direct project resources.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Experience with project planning tools and methods.
- Front end development experience with MVC based web frameworks & frontend frameworks such as Angular & React.
- Experience with JDBC and Oracle DB/SQL.
- Experience with XML/JSON and developing REST services.
- Strong relational database design/development skills (SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Knowledge with Eclipse and JUnit tools.
- Experience running application environments on Windows / Linux / Mac OS.
- Knowledge of industry secure coding standards to prevent common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting, Open Redirect and other secure coding standards.
- Experience in Agile and secure software development practices.
- Knowledge of web site security.
- Knowledge of Asynchronous Web Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of security or industry related certifications.
- Experience in DevOps lifecycle and Jenkins tool authoring.
- Experience with Gitlab for version control & build tools such as Maven.
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.