Distinguished Engineer of Full Stack React and Java Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Operations Automation team is responsible for developing internal Verizon applications to assist the enterprise in running smoothly. We have an existing suite of applications we are continually enhancing and we continually bring on new projects. As a team we work closely together to deliver applications that meet our customer’s needs. As our applications are continually growing and evolving, we require an individual with innovative ideas. As part of the team, you’ll regularly be leading multiple, technically complex, medium-scale projects and will be responsible for their technical architecture, design and solution.
All our applications consist of a Java based backend with a React web front-end hosted in AWS. The position would also be working on our operations bot which integrates with Slack.
- Working with Java and React in an AWS environment.
- Developing solutions and providing maintenance for various applications, examples are network modelling applications and Slack.
- Working collectively with team members and cross functionally.
- Leading projects and helping to lend your expertise to other team members.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Java development knowledge.
- Slack API knowledge.
- REST API development experience (Spring Boot, JAX-RS).
- Spring Boot development.
- Jira and Git experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Patience and understanding when mentoring junior developers.
- AWS Certifications.
- Eclipse knowledge.
- Visual Studio Code knowledge.
- Verizon AWS experience with EC2, lambda and with automating rehydrations and deployments.
- Experience working with customers to gather and understand requirements.
- Ability to demo applications to other groups and present at meetings.
- SQL experience (MySQL).
- Self-motivated and ability to understand and implement complex problems.
- Forward looking and ability to develop solutions that will not only be customer friendly, but developer friendly for those maintaining the application.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $114,000 and $255,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.