Principal Full Stack Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
If you are passionate about software development and willing to explore the latest technologies, then this job may just be what you are looking for. As part of the Global Technology Solutions team, you will have opportunities to leverage your knowledge in software development technologies in building solutions for our customers, find new ways to develop software solutions for our front-line reps and customers alike. As a full stack senior software developer and application architect, you can bring your experience and expertise to solve complex problems and drive solutions that add value to stakeholders.
This role is responsible for designing, architecting and developing software features and functions driven by business/user needs in Credit Risk Assessment application/platform.
As a Principal Engineer - Full Stack you will:
- Design and architect application development and microservices development with best practices in mind.
- Analyze, design, and develop software applications on CSG North Star Architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team, project managers, senior team members and business stakeholders to gather requirements and drive code development/implementation.
- Investigate application and system issues, provide timely resolution and recommend preventive action to leadership/ business team.
- Lead medium-to-complex technical projects under minimal supervision of senior staff and management.
- Contribute to defining and implementing software best practices in agile software development methodology.
- Develop and maintain enhanced application security posture by mitigating application vulnerabilities.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are going to be part of a dynamic team of developers who are constantly innovating in the GTS Credit Risk Assessment space working on applications that serve both users on Verizon frontline as well as customers in a fast paced environment that routinely solves complex business problems creatively.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Experience leading medium/large scale applications in Java/J2EE stack.
- Experience in Spring, SpringFramework, Springboot and Spring suite in general.
- Experience leading development of microservices on Java/SpringBoot/JPA.
- Experience leading development of containerized applications/services such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience leading development of applications with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB.
- Experience developing and maintaining KPIs/Metrics.
- Experience using GIT/Stash/GitLab, Jenkins and an understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Experience in developing and writing unit tests, developing test suites, and code coverage.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Experience working with Oracle DB.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Experience working with various JSON and NoSQL repositories.
- Experience remediating vulnerabilities reported by Fortify and Web Scans.
- Experience with latest 3rd party and open source java libraries.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills to work across teams and organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.