Senior Engineer Consulting-Full Stack
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the FWA (Fixed Wireless Access - 5G/LTE) Digital Sales team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better. We are hiring a Full Stack Developer with Java/ReactJS to work with an exciting team in an exciting space. This position is responsible for developing digital sales experiences for our customers. Our team is a close-knit and lean organization of high performing individuals focused on creating best-in-class solutions within Verizon dealing with development in the North Star Architecture. Our work spans from enhancing high volume digital sales applications and mobile experiences covering sales transaction flow. The group prides itself on its ability to be quick, agile and innovative. We're looking for a highly motivated individual with skills to work on customer facing Digital Sales systems. We are looking for an individual Lead Developer excited to learn and contribute in the Digital space interfacing with Pega, Backend and CXP services.
- Developing systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Developing system architecture that improves designs & mapping form to function.
- Educating team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently.
- Leveraging knowledge of a given solution to assess its alignment with business needs.
- Keeping abreast of emerging industry trends to continuously update Verizon’s operations and assess how competition differs from Verizon’s current state.
- Communicating the business value of technical solutions.
- Discovering mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles.
- Ensuring all service level SLAs are documented and met, and coordinate with infrastructure operations on monitoring and implementation procedures.
- Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
- Leading code peer reviews ensuring the code meets business requirements, adheres to Verizon security and code standards; align with Business, Security and GTS leadership on KPIs and executive reporting.
- Providing executive reporting on program status and results ensuring releases align with Verizon’s Agile ACT schedules.
- Acting as a liaison between functional teams on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope.
- Leading and facilitating team meetings, cross-functional workshops, and process work-outs.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in web application / solution architecture and Java/J2EE and HTML5 development with knowledge of mobile ecosystems.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Software development experience with experience on Web/ hybrid / native app development.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in creating Microservices, SOA, and Web Frameworks.
- Experience in Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to create microservices.
- Experience using DevOps suite of tools such as Jira, Jenkins, and GIT/Stash.
- Experience working with North Star Architecture with React JS, Spring Boot, Microservices.
- Experience in Elastic Search, Kibana, Big Data/Hadoop/Hive
- Experience in Cloud.
- Strong problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in Unit testing, load test and automation tools like JUnit, NUnit, Gatling, Selenium, Watir, Sitespeed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; can present concisely and effectively to critical audiences including director and executives.
- Experience with Eclipse and JUnit tools.
- Knowledge of secure coding with OWASP coding practices, Fortify and Blackduck or equivalent security scanning software.
- Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead work efforts with offshore and onshore resources across different organizations.
- Experience with public, private, and/or hybrid cloud processes.
- Experience facilitating group sessions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Absolute customer focus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.