Senior Engineer Consultant Full Stack
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible Engineering is building a next generation cloud mobile network platform, pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code. Verizon is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team and help build our next generation of web and mobile experiences for the Digital Real Time Marketing Technology engineering team. You will bring creative ideas and energy to the team, take calculated risks and challenge our thinking with an action-forward team mentality.
- Building quality, maintainable, and efficient UI components.
- Integrating UI components with various applications and APIs.
- Writing code, perform code reviews and provide feedback.
- Attending daily/weekly agile ceremonies to groom, plan, and execute.
- Owning all aspects of architecture, software engineering, and product development.
- Building and maintain software systems that are critical to deliver software to the visible platform.
- Acting as an engineer for various software products.
- Providing technical leadership, and focus on continuous improvement.
- Building prototypes for new innovations.
- Collaborating with our global delivery teams.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of MVC/MVVM frameworks including NodeJS, BackBoneJS.
- Experiences in API management and configuring tools like Apigee.
- Experience in UI testing using third party tools e.g. cucumber/capybara, karma, mocha or jasmine etc.
- Experience in A/B testing methods, and other web testing practices
- Knowledge of DBMS technologies, including SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL.
- Knowledge of MarTech solutions/tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in scaling web applications and optimizing applications for high performance.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design standards.
- Experience in CSS skills and building responsive applications across different browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques.
- Experience in common front-end development tools such as Babel, Web-pack, NPM, etc.
- Knowledge of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
- Knowledge of messaging/streaming technologies.
- Experience in using analytics and reporting platforms such as Glassbox, Content Square, Tealim.
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of native mobile web application development using React.
- Experience in micro-services based architecture/Spring Boot.
- Experience in developing front-end web applications in ReactJS, NodeJS.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.