Principle Engineer Full Stack
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon's Business Continuity and Event Management (BCEM) organization is responsible for business continuity/disaster recovery planning and emergency/crisis management for the enterprise. We are looking for a Full Stack Principal Engineer to join our spirited, agile BCEM technical team to build compelling, dynamic front-end user interfaces as well as back-end data integration to provide enterprise-level applications and tools. You will work closely with our GIS and systems engineering professionals and be responsible for developing the ESRI ArcGIS suite of applications that integrate and present data from a variety of internal and external systems. You'll also develop and support analytical apps and tools that allow our internal BCEM partners to plan for, analyse, predict, and manage/respond to events, crises and disasters.
- Working closely with customers and stakeholders to create and define user stories and pain points associated with existing manual processes and desired future states.
- Developing data integration pipelines by writing / configuring APIs and interface with technical peers and stakeholders to integrate, test, and connect data streams.
- Integrating and automating data workflows within the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) technology stack.
- Configuring writing and tuning database elements using a variety of database tools, especially geospatial database components.
- Designing implementing and supporting solutions with a keen focus on security and performance management.
- Anticipating emerging business needs and identify opportunities leading to the selection and curation of software platforms and infrastructure components.
- Serving as our application programming subject matter expert and act as liaison with technical partner organizations.
- Helping maintain BCEM's systems in accordance with Verizon’s information security and data/systems processes.
- Providing end-user, break-fix support and maintain an on-call posture as necessary.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in SQL Server, Oracle database, PostGRES, and SQL techniques.
- Experience in Integrated Development Environments (IDEs).
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Masters in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Knowledge of Verizon's Network Systems (NS), VCG, VBG, and newly-formed VGS application and infrastructure ecosystems.
- Experience in fostering teams in a matrix environment (i.e. no direct reports).
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed data processing systems.
- Experience in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Portal, and ArcGIS APIs.
- Experience in Salesforce APIs and Apex programming.
- Knowledge of Cloud and Open source technologies - AWS, Docker, Kibana, Hadoop, Splunk, Git, Stash, NodeJS, Apache Flink.
- Experience in developing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability.
- Experience in technologies such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in using git, Jira, Jenkins, confluence and/or other software development tools.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, 8 company paid holidays and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $131,000 and $244,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.