Sr. Software Engineer-Full Stack Developer-Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
The Optum Ireland Automation Centre of Excellence is a team that’s passionate about process automation. We support the organization through the delivery of automation solutions, using existing, new and emerging technologies to enhance savings, improve productivity and quality and reduce cost.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of an exciting team working with a combination of different technologies, building out a web application with automation integration. You will help in solving technically complex problems and the candidate should be comfortable providing guidance to the junior members of the team and to other key stakeholders as appropriate.
This role will involve working with a distributed, global team with multiple stakeholders.
This will include understanding technical and infrastructure requirements, process analysis, development of the automated workflow, full stack development, appropriate unit testing and successful release to deployment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Work closely with OPTUM and UnitedHealth Care business units, Senior Automation Development Manager, OPTUM Technology and other teams in understanding the functional and technical design for processes identified for automation potential or application development
- Providing architectural input over solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across the company’s IT infrastructure and delivery teams
- API Development and front-end development
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Develop and configure automation processes as per the process requirements document to meet requirements defined by the business
- Ensure quality of coded components by using best practice
- Comply with and helps enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases through Sprints
- Communicate any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager and providing inputs to the change control process
- Support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Training and mentoring other developers within the team on development and delivery disciplines
- Develop team standards and best practices while keeping up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the industry requirements and business needs
- Investigate new technologies and ensuring an effective partnership with OPTUM’s Innovation Lab and Analytics teams to leverage the expertise in data science, machine learning and cognitive technologies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering \Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 3 + years experience in a Full-Stack Software Engineering position
- 3 + years experience with React/Angular frameworks
- Proven experience performing CICD with Jenkins, GitHub, Code Quality, Static Analysis, Integration /Regression Testing
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Exposure to Agile delivery methods
- Solid understanding of typical Enterprise IT infrastructure \ architecture
- Good understanding of the key requirements documents involved in a delivery lifecycle (functional, technical, testing documents)
- Experience in delivering an automated process into production using an RPA tool (UIPath, Blue Prism \ Automation Anywhere \ others)
- Experience working with Azure Public Cloud
- Experience in the Insurance Industry (preferably Health Insurance)
- Experience with Advanced Intelligent Automation, AI / Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer-Vision
- Solid database skills with proven experience using SQL Server \ Oracle \ MySQL etc.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.