Principal Full Stack Engineer
- Design, develop & test applications and microservices backed by industry best practices.
- Analyze, design, and develop software applications on Corporate System Group's Operating Model.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, project managers, senior team members and product teams to drive code development/testing/implementation.
- Investigate application and system issues, provide timely resolution and recommend preventive action to leadership teams.
- Lead medium-to-complex technical projects under minimal supervision.
- Contribute to defining and implementing software best practices in agile software development methodology and DevSecOps
- Develop and maintain enhanced application security posture by mitigating application vulnerabilities.
- Own the build/test/deploy functions of applications such 1Creditplatform, Credit related functions
- Lead change advisory board for in scope platforms to ensure quality and reliability. Ensure ITIL management and change management discipline.
- Recommend new tools/applications/standards in enhancing the developer experience
- Transition new solutions and/or features to run and operate teams. Ensure proper knowledge transfer and domain expertise is retained for platform sustainability and effective operations.
- Partner with vendors, providing oversight, governance and escalation in managing vendor relationships to ensure delivery and operational objectives are met
What we're looking for...
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience leading medium/large scale applications in Java/J2EE/Spring stack.
- Experience developing services using Spring, SpringFramework, Springboot, Spring JPA and Spring suite in general.
- Experience developing UI using ReactJS or Angular
- Experience leading the development of containerized applications/services such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience using GIT/Stash/GitLab, Jenkins and a clear understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in developing and writing unit tests, developing test suites, and code coverage.
- Experience working with Oracle DB.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Experience defining coding standards and code hygiene.
- Experience remediating vulnerabilities reported by Fortify and Web Scans.
- Experience with the latest 3rd party and open source java libraries.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.