Full Stack Java Developer ( R-00032739-OTHLOC-PL-2D0945 )
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Java Developer.
The Software Developer/Engineer will join a small team whose mission is to provide software development expertise to develop a set of tools to support Information Assurance (IA) Architecture Analysis and security engineering activities to support the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) mission in support of the MPO customer. Leidos will consider candidates interested in working at least a 32 hour work week for this position.
The Software Engineer shall provide software development support for a cyber security related tool that will provide risk assessment teams with a versatile, simple, accurate way to execute the risk assessment process.
- Collaborate with other software developers and security engineers to identify appropriate security analyses, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle to help design embedded security features.
Participate in an agile software development team for new systems development including Scrum, sprint planning, reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
Analyze software designs and implementations from a security prospective and identify and resolve security issues
- Identify recommendations for improving security documentation and software development process standards.
- Interface with Product Owner/customers to collect, communicate, and understand requirements during product grooming sessions
- Set up and use of build management and configuration management tools.- Implement attribute and role based access control concepts and techniques.
- Set up and configuration of development environments including software development tools, VMWare, and troubleshooting network and/or machine problems as it pertains to the development environment.
- Requires understanding of secure systems engineering development.
- Develop design documentation including class diagrams, sequence diagrams, use cases, and system architecture documentation.
- Perform trade-off analyses and present options to the customer for review and approval.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 12+ years of experience OR 10+ years with Masters Degree as a Software Engineer on programs and/or contracts with the Federal Government is required.
- The engineer must have experience developing, maintaining and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- The engineer must have Java experience. Other languages may be considered on a case by case basis
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with polygraphExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software DevelopmentPay Range: