Full Stack Developers - Java, Angular, Spring Boot ( R-00058481 )
Leidos has ongoing needs for Mid & Senior Java Developers for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our Java Developer you will develop and maintain the high-performing Java applications with your extensive experience in Java, Spring Boot and Angular.
- You will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
- You will develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
- You will also be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- You will leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- You will participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4+ years' prior relevant experience
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot
- Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
- Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
- Work in DevOps Environment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills