Senior Full Stack Java Developer (633)
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer with the drive to build great software and bring an exceptional digital experience to our customers. To be successful in this role, you must be a seasoned developer with strong problem-solving skills as well as a likeable and approachable person who easily builds lasting and meaningful connections.
- Provide technical expertise to design, develop and maintain software components that support Pearson's Q-Interactive offering.
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and enhancements while maintaining product functionality.
- Write high quality code that is well tested, performant and maintainable.
- Build re-usable and extendable web components, contributing to Pearson’s Q-Interactive hybrid mobile app.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of supporting backend components.
- 5+ years of working experience in mobile or web application development
- Hybrid mobile development experience with Cordova or Ionic/Capacitor
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience with both unit and integration testing in a test-driven development model
- Experience in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of software design and architecture
- Grails, Groovy and Spring Framework web application development experience
- Microservices development experience
- Hands-on experience with relational DBs, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Webpack, Gulp and Grunt
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with native iOS Objective-C or Swift
- Experience with Java 8+, OOP and Design Patterns
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms such as SASS
- Good understanding of SCRUM and agile methodologies
- Works well both individually and in a small team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, research, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $95-115k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 633