Senior Engineer - Full Stack ( 585306-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The enterprise performance management system for Verizon with over 20 modules of rich functionality that act as a hub supporting frontline employees and managers for employee coaching, performance management, communications, survey review, and schedule management. The Senior Engineer - Full Stack in this role is a developer lead and application SME who is counted on for performing analysis, development and design towards deliverables. They work with stakeholders to assist in identifying how application functionality can be leveraged to meet business needs. They lead on/offshore ad-hoc teams in technical execution of medium to highly complex deliverables. Managers and peers rely on this individual to support and provide technical feedback. This role proactively communicates status updates and challenges to appropriate stakeholders.
- Application development and leadership for project deliverables.
- Partnership with stakeholders throughout the SDLC.
- Identify and communicate issues, risks, and solutions proactively to management.
- Be a technical mentor and coach, lead code reviews and provide constructive feedback. Follow up.
- Apply strong Agile delivery practices.
- Know and apply Northstar based principles and solutions.
- Document processes thoroughly to provide continuity.
- Ensure tight privacy, compliance and security controls are followed and maintained.
- Provide regular project updates, documentation and readouts.
- Continuous learning.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in service based web application development.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related IT field or equivalent area.
- Experience in Agile development delivery.
- Experience with open stack technologies is preferred.
- Industry standard CI/CD pipelines such a Jenkins and JIRA preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communication streams.
- Knowledge of AWS and VMC services, implementation and integration.
- Experience in working with data automation across multiple environments (ETL).
- SSIS Advanced component experience a plus (transformation objects in data flow).
- Experience in open source DBs (ex: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra).
- Call Center experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).